<< I18n Variables | PmWiki.Variables | Link Variables >>
Variable substitutions in the skin template are all managed by the FmtPageName() function from pmwiki.php. Pmwiki variable substitutions available on pages are managed by the substitutions from stdmarkup.php or superseded in local/config files.
- A variable which contains the Wiki title as displayed by the browser
- An array of CSS statements to be included in the page's output along with other HTML headers. This array provides an easy place for scripts to add custom CSS statements.
- An array of HTML text to be included in the page's <head> section, at the point where the skin template specifies a
<!--HTMLHeader--> directive. This array provides an easy place for scripts to add custom HTML headers.
For example, if you want to specify a logo for all the pages of your wiki (a png image for Firefox (and others...), an ico for Internet Explorer):
'<link href="http://your/wiki/path/to/your/logo/logo.png" type="image/png" rel="icon" />
<link href="http://your/wiki/path/to/your/logo/logo.ico" type="image/x-icon" rel="shortcut icon" />';
Another example, if you want to get the rss notification on some browsers (the rss icon in firefox for instance):
'<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="Rss All recent Changes"
$HTMLHeaderFmt above, this contains an array of HTML text to be included near the end of an HTML document, at the point where the skin template specifies a
<!--HTMLFooter--> directive (usually just before a closing </body> tag). Primarily used by scripts to add custom HTML output after the body of the page output.
- Sets the value of the
<meta name='robots' ... /> tag generated by PmWiki to control search engine robots accessing the site. PmWiki's default setting tells robots to not index anything but the normal page view, and to not index pages in the PmWiki wiki group. Explicitly setting
$MetaRobots overrides this default.
# never index this site
$MetaRobots = 'noindex,nofollow';
# disable the robots tag entirely
$MetaRobots = '';
- An array of HTML text to be displayed at the point of any
(:messages:) markup. Commonly used for displaying messages with respect to editing pages.
- An array specifying the format of the RecentChanges listing.
The format can be specified in your config.php using the following:
'* [[$Group.$Name]] . . . $CurrentTime $[by] $AuthorLink: [=$ChangeSummary=]=][=';
'* [[$Group/$Name]] . . . $CurrentTime $[by] $AuthorLink: [=$ChangeSummary=]=][=';
Note that changes made to the format will only affect new edits. In other words, you will need to edit a page for your new format to be visible. Note also that you need to have two spaces between the page name and the other information about the edit.
- The maximum number of lines to be stored in RecentChanges pages. The default is zero, meaning "no limit".
$RCLinesMax = 1000; # maintain at most 1000 recent changes
- The text to be used when a page is redirected via the
$PageRedirectFmt = '<p><i>redirected from $FullName</p>';
$PageRedirectFmt = '';
- An array which contains the predefined WikiStyles which can be used on a textpage.
- Controls the number of times that pages can be included via the
(:include:) and other directives, used to control recursion and otherwise pose a sanity check on page contents.
$MaxIncludes defaults to 50, but can be set to any value by the wiki administrator.
$MaxIncludes = 50; # default
$MaxIncludes = 1000; # allow lots of includes
$MaxIncludes = 0; # turn off includes
- Points to the directory of an own or different layout skin.
- Set by scripts/skins.php to be the base url of the current skin's directory (i.e., within a 'pub/skins/' directory). This variable is typically used inside of a skin .tmpl file to provide access to .css files and graphic images associated with the skin.
- An array that specifies the filesystem and url locations to use to find skins.
- is the url that refers to a logo image which most skins display somewhere in the page's header (top left usually).
- Changes the handling of the page URL. When set to
1 page URL will be
...wiki.php/Main/Main, when set to
0 (default) it will be
- When PmWiki is given a partial page name (e.g., just the name of a WikiGroup), it uses
$PagePathFmt in order to make a complete page name from the partial one, then issues a "redirect" to the browser to tell it to reload the page with the correct full page name. Setting
$EnableFixedUrlRedirect=0; blocks the redirect, so that PmWiki continues processing with the adjusted page name rather than issuing the redirect.
- Defines the markup placed at the top of every page. Default value is:
$GroupHeaderFmt = '(:include $Group.GroupHeader:)(:nl:)';
- Defines the markup placed at the bottom of every page. Default value is:
$GroupFooterFmt = '(:include $Group.GroupFooter:)(:nl:)';
- Specifies the HTTP header to send when attempting to browse a page that doesn't exist. Some webserver packages (notably Microsoft's "Personal Web Server") require that this variable be changed in order to work.
$PageNotFoundHeaderFmt = 'HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found';
# return all pages as found
$PageNotFoundHeaderFmt = 'HTTP/1.1 200 Ok';
$HTMLVSpace = ''; in a local customizationfile (e.g.,
local/config.php) prevents insertion of spacer paragraphs (
<p class='vspace'></p>) in generated HTML code. To limit this change to a single skin, place the
$HTMLVSpace = ''; statement in a skin.php file, preceded by the statement
- For Tables, defines the HTML attributes given to each
| or |
<th> cell in the output. Can contain references to $TableCellCount which holds the horizontal column number of the current cell.
- For Tables, defines the HTML attributes given to each
element in the output. Can contain references to $TableRowCount to give the absolute row number within the table, or $TableRowIndex to provide a repeating row index from 1 to
# Give each row a unique CSS class based on row number (tr1, tr2, tr3, ... )
$TableRowAttrFmt = "class='tr\$TableRowCount'";
# Give each row alternating CSS classes (ti1, ti2, ti1, ti2, ti1, ... )
$TableRowIndexMax = 2;
$TableRowAttrFmt = "class='ti\$TableRowIndex'";
- The maximum value for $TableRowIndex in Tables.
# Set rows indexes as 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, ...
$TableRowIndexMax = 3;
See also: Edit Variables